Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Finally! I'm reading again! Do you know why? Why'd it happen? Thanks to KCC Mall de Zamboanga, because they brought the first National Bookstore here in Zamboanga City.
I'm a massive bookworm back when I was in highschool, but when I already went to college here in Zamboanga, I just kinda lost it because there weren't any available book-bookstore just like the National Bookstore. But the point is, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll is the first novel (or classic literature) that I ever read after two years of living here in the Philippines. Hooray!

Why did I buy it? 
Because I love the cover. Don't you? And this book has few pages that I could read real quickly because I don't want to pressure myself on reading thick books because I just kinda started over again on my book obsession. One of the reason as well is it has pictures!

Did I like this book? Why?
Of course, I did. Because this book is for chilling and if you just want to mute the world. I loved it because I just finished my exams so I need something to lower my adrenaline and panics, and as a reward as well for I have survived my exams. I'm really glad I pick this book because it's full of fantasy and unrealistic characters, which made me think that I want to be Alice because obviously her adventures are great. Common sense is the most amazing thing that I loved about this book, it's so full of it. And I'm just like "I haven't thought about that my entire life, how much of an idiot I am!".

I recommend it on times that you just want to read something while you're pampering or relaxing or waiting because I find this book as something that you can grab and read and put down without guilt. Or if basically you love fantasy. You will learn A LOT of things, there are A LOT of poetry, irony, amusing characters that you can enjoy. Go grab it now.

Do you love reading too?
If you have any suggestion. You're free to comment it below. Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. I have to be honest, and say that a lot of times if I don't know about a book and I'm just looking to pick one I find the nicest cover and then read the summary on the back. The cover does a lot of the talking. I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Alice in Wonderland is such a great thing to read and to watch. It got many lines that make sense in real life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this when I was in high school and I loved it! I thought it was so cool! I agree with you about the cover! It's gorgeous! I wish my cover looked like that haha!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is attractive so I instantly bought it. Ahwww.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! (Also I love your blog header omg it's so pretty)
    Well done! Love, Julia tptmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete