Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

The Door of Dubai


Thanks to that kind stranger who voluntarily took this picture of us.
jejemon pose all the way always haha
Last year, before we arrived in Manila, we actually stayed at the airport of Dubai for 16 hrs. We arrived there at 1AM, it was crazy, because I was so tired. But the bright side is the airport blown me away, it was widely huge and beautiful. It can probably go on forever. I roam around it, at first I got lost, it was funny but I still got back to the place we were staying. I was looking for a cafe, because my mother and I wants some coffee. So I just dropped to Costa Coffee since it was a well known cafe in Saudi Arabia, we used to drop there and have some family bonding before. There's nothing great than drinking coffee and have some family chats. Besides the cashier was Pinay and she was so friendly because she was asking for dirham and I only have dollars, but she still accepts. She was so kind and happy that I was Pinay, the funny thing she said was "Buti Pinay ka, nanonosebleed na ako dito kakaenglish eh."

For lunch, of course, McDonalds is always our top choice, besides it was for free because we were given coupons for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to any specified food chains or restaurants. We didn't try the other restaurants because we don't completely trust it, it's important that we only eat halal foods and during that time McDonalds weren't serving pork. Thank goodness. But the reality check is that McDonalds were so far, I think it was in D13 (I'm not sure with the number but it was in D section) and we were in B16. If you're confused, the airport has A to E sections and each letter has 50 sections. So you have to walk all they way through 50 sections before going to the next letter. That's how long the Dubai International Airport. My sister and I had a hardcore workout just for McDonalds.

After our long waits, flight to Manila already came up in the schedule, yay! It was in B25 and on our way to the terminal, we bought some post cards for souvenirs.

Although we only stayed at the airport, we really had fun roaming around it. You can never go bored in that airport. I really wanted to go outside the airport, but we really don't know the place and it's a risk to leave the airport. But hopefully next time, I can go out there and someone can finally tour me, or someone will take the risk to explore Dubai with me. Anyone up for that?


xx

9 comments:

  1. It's crazy how big the airport is! Love your photos! Would love it if you could check out my blog too :)

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's crazy. Thank you! Yeah sure :)

      Delete
  2. Great post, I enjoyed reading this! The airport looks amazing :)

    Best Wishes,

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw thank you! Yeah, it literally looks amazing :)

      Delete
  3. I love airports and this one is beautifull!

    I also noticed that you're from the Philippines. Miss it there so much! I look forward to reading your blog more :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love airports too. Ahw thank you! You should come back here.

      Delete
  4. My coworker just got back from Dubai and she said that there's a lot to do everywhere, especially in the airport. It's like a playground & shopping mall which is amazing! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete