Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

NSTP Tree Planting

Today was our NSTP activity but before anything else, I'm a LTS student and unfortunately my instructor under this subject has a very busy schedule so she can't schedule our section for our own activity besides we were the only LTS class she's handling. So she decided to just bring us as well to the CWTS' activity yesterday. I took LTS because I was avoiding to do such things, like cleaning the street or planting trees. I seriously want to teach, just for an experience.

Never in my entire life have thought about planting trees. So when we went there I was so calm yet anxious of what I was supposed to do and how do I suppose to plant a tree because I honestly don't know how. All I know is we were suppose to just put on/in the soil. Obviously who ever knows how would disagree of what I just said because obviously it isn't the proper way one.

Here comes the interesting thing, so when we started. We went to the edge of the mountain or hill or whatever it was called, because everyone was going there. And when I went there, I saw lots of people going down the mountain some girls were screaming because they were so scared. Seriously though, do look at the photos above. You see how high it is? OMG I don't even know how to react. It gave me a mini heart attack. So when I've decided to go down because obviously I can't waste my time just looking at them doing adventure. I was so careful but unfortunately I still got slid because in fact the ground was so slidy. Seriously tho, who would survive?! Just kidding.

Thank goodness though, a groupmate/classmate of mine told me where I was suppose to step to avoid falling or sliding. But then, he got down first and I was stuck and all I thought was "You have to do this alone. Because no one's gonna help you. Only you". Another miracle happened wherein a guy actually helped me, he lend his hand to help. And a girl was pushing me (damn it!) but don't worry I didn't fell.. thanks to that guy. I was so tired so I didn't got a chance to thank him. 

Then when I got down, I still have to climb another mountain/hill/whatever. Climbing wasn't hard because I know I won't fall. So when I got up there I saw my friends and they helped me where I was suppose to plant my tree trunk. I know I didn't do well, because it was like, I just threw the plant to the hole and scatter the soil which is so funny because I know it's wrong. I really had no idea. And obviously I still had to go down and up again to finally accomplish my adventurous-tiring journey. But the funny but embarrassing part is when I was going down, I was so terrified. I'm not scared of heights, I'm scared of falling. Thank goodness, Lea was there to assist me because base on my observation she's literally one piece of expert with this kind of things, I wish I was as well though. So we literally got stuck several times, I slid several times that it comes to the point wherein the line was so long behind me, and there was literally a long space in front of me but the point is the road was tiny that only one person could fit. So everyone was waiting for my terrified legs and I had to say sorry several times and explain why I was so freaking slow. Oh my goodness.

After all, this is another first. I was so tired, honestly truly completely (got that line from Love, Rosie) tired. But everything was worth it. In fact I had fun. I really did although I was freaking exhausted that I didn't even cared what I look like. I just want everything to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment